DC NMLS-Approved Mortgage Continuing Education
Get started with your District of Columbia mortgage loan officer CE online course today
Our NMLS-approved District of Columbia mortgage loan originator (MLO) CE courses help you stay licensed and compliant. Our District of Columbia 8-hour mortgage SAFE comprehensive course is designed specifically for District of Columbia mortgage loan officers and is offered as an online, self-paced or audio course.
Your Success is Our #1 Priority
OnCourse Learning empowers aspiring mortgage loan originators (MLOs) and seasoned mortgage loan officers to take their learning experience to the next level. Get and maintain your NMLS license with:
- NMLS approved mortgage pre-licensing, continuing education and late CE courses
- NMLS test prep tools to help you pass your NMLS license exam
- Over 20 years of mortgage education experience
We’ve helped over 300,000 mortgage brokers begin and advance their careers. Get started today!
Learn about the District of Columbia mortgage education requirements for mortgage licensing.
In the state of District of Columbia, mortgage loan originators are required to:
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS that demonstrates financial responsibility.
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by your state agency.
- Take and pass the National Component.
- Provide an executed copy of the required District of Columbia Clean Hands Certification form.
- Sponsorship by a District of Columbia mortgage lender, mortgage broker or mortgage dual authority licensee.
- Furnish fingerprints less than ninety (90) days old to the NMLS&R for the completion of a national criminal history background check once notified.
District of Columbia NMLS Pre-Licensing Education Requirements
New state-licensed MLOs are required to complete 20 hours of NMLS-approved education. This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 3 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending training
- 9 hours of electives
- 3 hours of District of Columbia state-specific education
District of Columbia Continuing Education Requirements
State-licensed MLOs are required to complete 8 hours of NMLS-approved mortgage education annually beginning the year they are licensed (unless PE was completed in the same year). This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 2 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending
- 1 hour of District of Columbia state-specific education
MLOs are advised that to comply with the SAFE Act’s “successive years” rule, they may not take the same CE course two years in a row.
District of Columbia Mortgage Licensing
- District of Columbia Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking Bureau
- Phone: 202-727-8000
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: disb.dc.gov