Arkansas NMLS-Approved Mortgage Continuing Education
Get started with your Arkansas mortgage loan officer CE online course today
Our NMLS-approved Arkansas mortgage loan originator (MLO) CE courses help you stay licensed and compliant. Our Arkansas 8-hour mortgage SAFE comprehensive course is designed specifically for Arkansas mortgage loan officers and is offered as an online, self-paced or audio course.
Your Success is Our #1 Priority
OnCourse Learning empowers aspiring mortgage loan originators (MLOs) and seasoned mortgage loan officers to take their learning experience to the next level. Get and maintain your NMLS license with:
- NMLS approved mortgage pre-licensing, continuing education and late CE courses
- NMLS test prep tools to help you pass your NMLS license exam
- Over 20 years of mortgage education experience
We’ve helped over 300,000 mortgage brokers begin and advance their careers. Get started today!
Learn about the Arkansas mortgage education requirements for mortgage licensing.
In the state of Arkansas, mortgage loan originators are required to:
- Each new loan officer application is required to submit an application through a MU4 filing.
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS that demonstrates financial responsibility.
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by your state agency.
- Take and pass both National Component and Arkansas State Component Tests.
- Surety Bond/Recovery Fund: Every mortgage loan originator must be covered under a surety bond or recovery fund.
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate, and be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Submit information related to any administrative, civil, or criminal proceeding by a governmental jurisdiction.
- Provide authorization to obtain an independent credit report.
Arkansas NMLS Pre-Licensing Education Requirements:
New state-licensed MLOs are required to complete 20 hours of NMLS-approved education. This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 3 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending training
- 12 hours of electives
Arkansas Continuing Education Requirements:
State-licensed MLOs are required to complete 8 hours of NMLS-approved mortgage education annually beginning the year they are licensed (unless PE was completed in the same year). This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 2 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending
- 1 hour of electives
MLOs are advised that to comply with the SAFE Act’s “successive years” rule, they may not take the same CE course two years in a row.
Arkansas Mortgage Licensing:
- Arkansas Securities Department
- Phone: 501-324-9260
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.securities.arkansas.gov